“It always helps to have people we love beside us when we have to do difficult things in life.” - Fred Rogers
Child therapy offers a safe space to empathically explore the child’s inner world while providing tools to help build confidence, resiliency, and self-love in a climate that celebrates their individuality. During the course of therapy, children will receive emotional support while they gain healthy coping skills to work through hard things. If your child has gone through something big (I.e., divorce, loss, bullying, etc.) or is experiencing difficult feelings or behaviors that are interfering with their daily life at home, school, or with friends, please reach out for an appointment.
Children may benefit from therapy if they:
* Have frequent tantrums or are intensely irritable much of the time
* Often talk about fears or worries
* Complain about frequent stomachaches or headaches with no known medical cause
* Are in constant motion and cannot sit quietly (except when they are watching videos or playing video games)
* Sleep too much or too little, have frequent nightmares
* Are not interested in playing with other children or have difficulty making friends
* Struggle academically
* Repeat actions or check things many times out of fear that something bad may happen.
In therapy, children are given the freedom to creatively explore their place in the world, feel supported in managing big feelings, and recognize that their feelings are valid and important. Children will embody a felt sense of safety while building self-esteem, improving communication, and building emotional capacity. Let’s work together to help your child celebrate their unique talents and strengths and encourage feelings of pride, love and acceptance for who they are.