“You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” - Dan Millman
Do you ever feel irritability without cause? Persistent sadness or an empty mood? Less energy or easily fatigued? Or maybe you have difficulty making decisions? If this sounds familiar it may be a sign that you are experiencing feelings of depression, which can create a major challenge in daily functioning. Depression is a mood disorder that can affect the way you think, feel, and handle daily living activities such as sleeping, eating, or working.
Signs of depression may include:
* Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
* Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
* Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
* Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
* Decreased energy or fatigue
* Moving or talking more slowly
* Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
* Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
* Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
* Appetite and/or weight changes
* Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
* Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment
If you connected to any of these feelings or behaviors, you do not have to suffer alone. I invite you to take the next step in regaining control over your life by reaching out for an appointment. Collectively we can uncover barriers and negative self-talk that get in the way of your joy and inner peace. Let’s work together on cultivating the opportunity to step into the power of your authentic self.